What does “Lean” mean?
The term ‘Lean’ refers to a philosophy and a set of management approaches, originally derived from the Toyota Production System (TPS), which consider as waste to be eliminated any use of resources applied to activities other than the creation of value for the end customer.
‘Value’ is defined from the perspective of the customer that enjoys the product or service and is generally any action, process or attribution the customer is willing to pay for. ‘Lean Enterprise’ and ‘Lean Manufacturing’ are terms often used interchangeably with ‘Lean’ that in any case refer to the more efficient production of value.
Lean Silver training course
This 5-day intensive course provides a solid conceptual foundation of the Lean philosophy and main methods belonging to the Body of Knowledge established by the L6S Group Advisory Board. Lean Silver imparts to participants resources to enable active participation in a Lean initiative (typically called a Kaizen event) with full awareness of the aims of the Lean project or Kaizen event and the ability to make use of basic tools such as Value Stream Mapping, Takt Time, 5S, TPM, Standard Work and others.
The course is aimed at professionals and organizational leaders seeking comprehensive knowledge of Lean methodologies to accept the challenge of improving their own company or client processes.
- To define knowledge on the purpose of the philosophy and the main Lean methodologies in relation to their historical development
- To increase awareness of the cultural criticalities to be addressed in a Lean transformation project
- To understand the implementation roadmap behind a Lean initiative
- To study the main Lean techniques
- To prepare for the examination ‘Lean Silver Global Standard Test’ (GST) for attainment of Lean Silver Certification.
The Lean System
- A brief history of Lean
- Lean Culture
- Respect for people
- The house of Toyota
- The Lean roadmap
- The importance of the customer
- Value and waste
- Recognizing value
- Recognizing waste
- The importance of doing exactly what is needed
- Just-in-time (Takt, Pull, Flow, Learning to see the Value Stream, Kanban)
- Total Quality Control (Jidoka, Poka-Yoke, Andon, SPC)
- Root cause analysis
- The importance of stability: MURA and MURI
- Controlling Environment and materials: Visual management and PFEP
- Machine Care and Measurement Equipment: TPM and SMED
- Methods for humanwork: Standard Work and Employee involvement
- Kaizen principles
Lean Silver course: how to participate
WHERE: JPS offers public courses for limited numbers in major Italian cities and private in-house courses in venues and dates agreed with the client. Contact us for further information.
WHEN: This intensive course provides in only 5 classroom days, a solid base on the Lean methodologies’ philosofy and principles, according to the Lean body of knowledge established by L6S Group Advisory Board.
HOW: The course includes:
- theory sessions, accompanied by the study of real-life case studies
- individual study based on a program assigned by instructors
- focused classroom exercises on the practical application of some important techniques
- international exam certification
The course ends with the Lean Silver Global Standard Test for attainment of Lean Silver Certification.
WHO: JPS Lean Silver courses are taught by certified professionals with multi-year experience in Lean area inside leader organizations that has created the training techniques with the support of the Master Trainer of all European APICS instructors.