2 mesi, 5 giornate d'aula
APICS CLTD, Certified in Logistics, Transportation & Distribution, is the international certification for experts in Logistics, Transport and Distribution. The latest in the certifications concerning the Supply Chain – in which APICS is the undisputed world leader – APICS CLTD offers the most comprehensive and in-depth body of knowledge currently available, with a specific focus on issues of distribution logistics.
- To consolidate basic knowledge in the field of Logistics, Transportation and Distribution
- To contribute to the development and innovation of the firm’s Supply Chain
- To keep up with the most recent trends and developments in global logistics
- To have an effective impact on the firm’s bottom line, eliminating waste in distribution by means of techniques such as Lean Logistic, Six Sigma
- To appropriately handle the risks associated with distribution
Candidates for the exam must possess the minimum criteria of experience and complete the eligibility application form on the apics.org website.
The CLTD programme is divided into 8 modules:
Logistics and Supply Chain Overview
- Logistics Fundamentals
- Logistics Strategy within the Supply Chain
- Lean Logistics
Capacity Planning and Demand Management
- Aligning Supply and Demand
- Translating Demand into Capacity Planning
- Demand Management
- Sourcing and Procurement of Inventory
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Order Management
- Customer Service Management (CSM)
Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Inventory Management in Logistics
- Inventory Management Method
- Inventory Control
- Warehousing Strategy and Management
- Packaging and Materials Handling
- Transportation Fundamentals
- Modes of Transportation
- Transportation Management
Global Logistics Considerations
- Infrastructure and System
- Customs Clearing and Documentation
- Finance and Payment Options
- Currency and Tax Considerations
Logistics Network Design
- Facilities Planning
- Distribution Network Design
- Risk Management
Reverse Logistics and Sustainability
- Reverse Logistics
JPS offers public courses for limited numbers in major Italian cities and private in-house courses in venues and dates agreed with the client.
The training course lasts 2 months overall, and consists of 5 days in the classroom, one every 2 weeks. At the end of the course, the participant is ready to take the accreditation exam.
JPS is the Premier Channel Partner of APICS and uses only original APICS training materials, developed on the basis of international best practice and the experience of the instructors and programme coordinators. Training sessions are highly interactive and engaging, to maximise learning.
JPS is a European leader in Operations and Supply Chain training. In this capacity, JPS is Premier Channel Partner of APICS – the most prestigious community for professional development and certification in the sector – and a Partner of the S&OP Institute. For each discipline, JPS selects instructors from its team on the basis of their specific skills and experience. JPS is the ideal partner for achieving APICS certification: its team of instructors is one of the five largest in Europe. Through its Master Instructor Training, JPS also offers training opportunities for other European APICS trainers and APICS International Channel Partners.
All examinations related to related to APICS exams can be taken at one of the many Pearson Vue test centres in Italy and abroad. See: list of Pearson Vue centres.
The examinations can be taken on demand in one of the many Pearson VUE test centres in Italy and abroad. Candidates have just to ask JPS for the credit activation within 6 months from the end of their course.
Before you schedule an examination, you must contact JPS to activate your exam credit. This credit will expire within 6 months. Candidates have to activate their ATT, Activation to Test, within this period. Also the ATT will expire within 6 months, so the examination must then be taken within six months from the ATT activation.
The examination can be taken by all those who have activated the examination scheduling. To earn your APICS CLTD designation, you must pass one comprehensive exam. Prior to taking the exam, you must be eligible. APICS eligibility application must be received two weeks prior to the day you register for the exams. To be eligible for the APICS CLTD designation, you must have:
- 3 years of related business experience
- Or Bachelor’s degree or the international equivalent*
- or CTL, CSCP, CPIM, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, C.P.M., CSM or CPSM designations